About Flat Roof Repair
Flat roof repair can be a daunting task for those that don’t fully understand how to repair or install a flat roof. We highly advise you to hire a professional roofing company for your flat roof repair, should you decide that’s what you need. Flat roofs are typically “tarred”, “rubberized”; however, there are many different types of roofing solutions for flat roofs. We stand behind Mulehide flat roofing solutions. Make sure to consult with your local roofing company about the best type of flat roof repair options for your business or residence.
Flat Roof Repair Options
As mentioned above, there’s many different types of flat roof repair options for your commercial or residential real estate. Below is a general overview of the different types of flat roof repair and construction options.
- EPMD: EPMD means “ethylene propylene diene monomer”. This type of flat roof repair is typically called “rubberized” flat roofing. It’s very cost-effective both for the roofing contractor company and the residence or commercial property (the end-consumer). Fahey Exteriors is trained in EPMD (rubber) flat roof repair.
- Self-Adhering MOD Bit: This is a roll-out type flat roofing system that is used a lot for projects that need to be completed in stages. It bonds directly to eight different types of surface areas and is very versatile.
- TPO: TPO is known as the “affordable white flat roof repair or replacement system“. It’s a very durable material that is rolled out onto commercial (mostly) roofs for long-lasting adhesion and durability. It’s also recyclable.
- PVC: PVC is most commonly used for commercial flat roof repair. This product is superior to other types of flat roofing solutions because it’s strength, watertight construction and prefabricated cutouts and corners that contractors can use to repair flat roofs. The pure white also helps save energy by reflecting the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Elastomeric Acrylic Coatings: Lasting Restoration, Retrofit, and flat roof repair – Mule-Hide Elastomeric Acrylic Coatings. Elastomeric Acrylic Coating for Smooth BUR, Smooth or Granulated MOD BIT, and Mineral Surface Cap Sheets.
- Living Roof: This innovative vegetative roof technology can boost a building’s bottom line and attractiveness. It’s a type of flat roof repair system that focuses on long-term environmentally sustainable solutions to flat roofs. The product is amazing. Check it out yourself by clicking the “Living Roof” link above.
More Info About Fahey Exteriors’ Preferred Flat Roof Repair Choice
We use the Mulehide EPMD flat roof repair and replacement system for a variety of different reasons, but some are listed below.
- Proven systems designed to maximize labor savings & roof lifecycle.
- Fast Roofs! with Mule-Hide Acrylic Water Base Bonding Adhesive. Single-side, wet application lets contractors accept more jobs, have fewer callbacks. Plus, great for crew retention.
- Laminated Tapes are designed for a consistent thickness and width of seam.
- Complete line of EPDM Accessories like Pre-Fabricated Pipe Boots and Pre-Cut Corners.
- Standard System Warranties and Membrane-Only Material Warranties.
- Fully Adhered, Ballasted, & Mechanically Attached System Specifications.
- Membrane meets or exceeds ASTM performance standards.
Original content for Mulehide flat roof repair and replacement products can be found here.